Welcome to the HUNTESSA website.
If you have a question that is not answered here, or if you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Who is the data controller?
- What personal data do we collect?
- Banking Data
- How do we use this personal data?
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Who will process your data?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- Your rights
- Changes to this notice
1. Who is the data controller?
Under the data protection law, the data controller is responsible for ensuring that your data is held securely, that you are given accurate information about how your data is used, and that your rights regarding your data are respected.
The Website is owned and run by for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the Law), the data controllers for any personal data we hold about you is Huntessa S.A.R.L. (referred to here as “we”, “our”, “us”).
The term “our online services” refers to HUNTESSA, our mobile and tablet applications, our pages on third party social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook and any other websites or apps we own or run from time to time. The term “our services” refers to our online services. If you use any of our services, we will refer to you using the terms “Customer”, “Buyer”, “Seller”, “you”, “your”, “yours” in this policy.
Should you have any queries about our use of your personal data, please email huntessa.com.
2. What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.huntessa.com:
- We process the personal data required to create your HUNTESSA account, complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, country, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- If you register for a HUNTESSA account, we collect your name, email address, password, country, day and month of birth.
- When you contact HUNTESSA Customer Care, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.huntessa.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the Website.
- If you are a customer of www.huntessa.com we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift– we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
- When you use the App version of our Website, we will ask for your consent to collect personal data from you in order to send you brief messages (“push notifications”) about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. With your consent, we will also collect data regarding your use of the App and your IP address, in order to improve our service to you. You can disable push notification at any time by updating the App settings in your mobile device.
- When you call our Customer Care team, your call will be recorded for training and fraud prevention purposes.
3. Banking Data
The banking information related to your order is the subject of an automated data processing whose managers are third parties not related to HUNTESSA. This automated data processing is intended to enable the authentication of people carrying out a payment and to fight against credit card fraud.
The occurrence of an unpaid due to the fraudulent use of a credit card will result in the registration of contact details related to your order associated with this unpaid within a payment incident file. An irregular declaration or an anomaly may also be the subject of a specific treatment (especially for fraud detection purposes).
4. How do we use the personal data we collect?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services;
- to manage the relationship with our Customers and prospects;
- to provide you with relevant information about our products and services via our marketing communications and advertising;
- to help you take full advantage of our Website, including placing and holding items in your shopping bag and using services such as Wish Lists;
- to improve the performance of our Website and our promotion of the Website;
- to allow our Customer Care team to help you with queries and requests;
- to send you updates to important information such as our Terms & Conditions.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Under the Law we must have a valid reason for using your personal data and we may not collect, store or use data about you that is not compatible with that reason. The main purpose of collecting personal data is to offer you a safe, efficient and customized user experience. There are following valid reasons for our use of your personal data:
- Most of the data we collect from you is necessary to allow us to provide our Service to you or to enter into a contract with you e.g. you provide a billing address and email address when you purchase an item from www.huntessa.com so that we can process your order and send you order confirmation.
- In certain circumstances we will ask for your permission or consent to use your personal data e.g. if we would like to send you marketing information about items we believe may be of interest to you via email. If you have given your consent to our use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
- We may also have a legitimate interest in using your personal data e.g. to ensure that the content of our Website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
- We may be required to use your data to meet a legal obligation or to protect your interests e.g. we may exchange information with other specialist authorities for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction and we will retain financial data long term to meet our statutory obligations.
6. Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of HUNTESSA who have been specifically trained and authorized for this processing.
Your personal data will also be transmitted to third parties that we use to provide our services; these parties have been rigorously assessed and offer a guarantee of compliance with the legislation on the processing of personal data. The third parties in question belong, in particular, to the following categories: banking operators, internet providers, companies specializing in IT; couriers; companies that carry out marketing activities, including social media organizations; companies specializing in market research and data processing; companies providing publishing and distribution services.
When we share your personal data with DHL Express (Luxembourg) S.A. for the purposes of international and domestic shipments, on demand delivery and the security screening associated with these services, DHL and HUNTESSA are both controllers of your personal data. HUNTESSA is the controller of the personal data of its customers and DHL is the controller of personal data provided to DHL to perform these services.
Under some circumstances we may be required to disclose or share your data without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, the courts or for other legal reasons. Your data may be transmitted to the police, judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the investigation and prosecution of crimes, the prevention of and protection from threats to public security, to allow HUNTESSA to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
7. How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time in line with our data retention policy. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Your personal data are retained in accordance with the following criteria:
When you provide us with personal data in order to use the Services of www.huntessa.com, such as marketing communications subscription, we will keep your data for this purpose until the termination of the service or until you cancel your subscription to the service.
When you give us your consent to send you marketing communications, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
When we use your personal data and browsing history to analyse your behavior in order to customise the Website and to show you personalised sales offers, we will keep the data for analytical purposes until you ask us to delete it.
8. Your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you (and we will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity).
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email or write to us using the contact details in this policy.
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you and to stop us using your data until it has been corrected. We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date and we will be happy to correct or remove data you think is inaccurate. You can also update your own information at any time by logging into My Account at www.huntessa.com
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. After receiving and reviewing your request, if legitimate it will be our responsibility to cease processing promptly and to delete your personal data.
You have the right to receive a copy of your data that we process based on your consent or on the basis of a contract with you in a standard format. To exercise any of these rights, you can contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the data of our users are not subject to breaches or illegitimate use by third parties, we will ask you to confirm your identity before carrying out your request.
We protect your personal data with specific technical and organizational security measures aimed at preventing your personal data from being used illegitimately or fraudulently.
If you believe that HUNTESSA is processing your personal data in contravention of the Law, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection.
11. Changes to this notice
This website is owned and run by HUNTESSA S.A.R.L. (“we”, “our”, “us). The term online services refers to HUNTESSA, our mobile and tablet applications and any other websites or apps we own or run from time to time. If you use any of our Services, we will refer to you using the terms “Customer”, “Buyer”, “Seller”, “you”, “your”, “yours” in this policy.
- The cookies used on our online services
- Advertising cookies used on our business partners’ websites
- How to reject or opt out of receiving cookies
THE COOKIES USED ON OUR SERVICES
The cookies we and our business partners use on our online services can be grouped into the following categories:
Essential cookies: Some of the cookies on our online services are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie that enables you to log into your account on the Website, or one which allows communication between your browser and the Website. Our cookie-preference cookie, described in the section ‘How to reject or opt out of receiving cookies’, is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Website without these cookies.
Website functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse our online services and use features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
Website analytics cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our Customers use our online services. An example is counting the number of different people visiting our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. This allows us to continuously improve our online services and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies: When browsing or shopping online, our online services will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This improves your experience and makes your browsing simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Social sharing cookies: When browsing or shopping online, our online services will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This improves your experience and makes your browsing simpler, easier and more personal to you.
ADVERTISING COOKIES USED ON OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS’ WEBSITES
HOW TO REJECT OR OPT OUT OF RECEIVING COOKIE
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support section on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that our online services cannot always control third-party cookies stored on your machine from our online services and that setting your cookie preferences with us will not stop those third-party cookies from being stored on your machine. Therefore, you must manage these cookies directly with the relevant third party. Please see our ‘Third party cookies’ section below for more information.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.